The scoring program and the user guide are being updated for the new code and undergoing beta testing. Following are some of the enhancements:
- The new code has two panels: Difficulty and Execution. Therefore, D1 and artistry judging panels are hidden away.
- Full support for Aesthetic Group Gymnastics (AGG) – Artistry panel is still applicable for AGG. Creative routine final score is calculated as TV+AV+ EX/2 and for Free Routine, the final score is TV+AV+EX. Towards this, the program now has an optional data entry panel that allows you to enter execution score in one of 3 modes: 1) net as entered 2) divide by 2 as is required by AGG’s creative routine or 3) subtracted by 10 if the sheets come in as penalties. Experienced users can still enter scores directly into the worksheets as before.
- The font for the local score display has been made even bigger.
- The user can control the data entry view a lot better. For example, hiding or showing specific panels, showing only columns where judges are assigned, etc.
- There is now a button to help generate test data for training purposes. This will help especially in the setting for finals and testing of reports.
Because of the elimination of two panels: D1 and Artistry, the total number of panel judges is reduced from 16 to 9. This lowers the hardware cost required for direct score entry by judges. We are not there yet but now, there is hope, I can almost smell it coming within this cycle. 🙂